Shampooing carpets or updating to new carpet/tile/hardwood/luxury vinyl tile.
2. Organize closets (store winter clothes and pull out summer clothes).
3. Vacuum under couches, beds, and furniture. Move it out of its natural space and you may be surprised what you find, especially if you have kids.
4. Wash windows inside and out. Check to see if your blinds need dusting or a professional ultrasonic cleaning. This may also be a time to consider new Hunter Douglas Blinds because of the Spring rebates available now.
5. Reseal grout in bathrooms and kitchens and or touch up the color with sealants found at your local hardware store or Northwest Trends Flooring America in Spokane Valley located between Pines & Argonne on Montgomery.
6. Put a fresh coat of granite sealer/cleaner if you have granite countertops. This will help protect the granite keeping it looking newer longer. The application takes about 15 minutes and is easy to do. This product can be found at Northwest Trends Flooring America in Spokane Valley located between Pines & Argonne on Montgomery.
7. Outside your home check lighting fixtures, garage doors, window wells and other spaces that may have collected dust, cobwebs, and debris over the winter.
8. Rake up any leaves and look into hiring a lawn service to come thatcher your lawn to help it get rid of old grass and allow for new growth.
9. Time to start getting the garden in order. Make sure your garden is mulched and ready for planting. This will probably happen the first or second week of May depending on the weather in Spokane.
10. Last but not least if you are really ready to tackle a larger project your could always brighten up your home with some fresh paint. Start small with a bedroom, bathroom or kitchen, I know its a lot of work but the whole family will be happy when spring cleaning is over and they get to sew the fruits of their labor.
Remember you won't be able to accomplish this in one weekend, so break it up over a few weekends. Share chores with the husband and kids, make it an annual family event. Today might be a great day to get started because its April 1, 2014 - #April Fools day (except we are not fooling around).